For your Health Assessments, two appointments will be required.
Firstly, an appointment to see a nurse who will thoroughly check your vitals such as blood pressure check, weight, height, waist circumference and assess if you are due for any immunisations or other tests. Secondly, a consultation with your doctor who will further assess and discuss other checks that may be necessary due to your age or medical conditions.
Your doctor may recommend a Health Assessment where you:
- Are aged 75 years or older
- Are aged 45-49 years who are at risk of developing chronic disease
- Are aged 45 years or older and wanting a check of their Heart Health
- Are aged 40-49 years who are at a high risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes (as determined by Australian Type 2 Diabetes Risk Assessment Tool)
- have an intellectual disability
- Are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Are a veterans who has recently left the Australian Defence Force
- A refugee or other humanitarian entrant